Saturday, August 9, 2008

8.8.08 Beijing Olympics!!!

YAY for the Olympics! I always love this time of year all of these amazing athletes competing to be the absolute best in the world! truly amazing! i remember working out at UH and seeing some of the track "hopefulls" working out for 8 hours a day, like a full-time job. That takes some drive to be out there in that Houston heat/humidity for 5 hours and THEN hit the weight room for another 3! crazy!!

Anyway, I always love to watch these athletes compete against the best of the best, however, Ryan and I just finished watching the fencing and if I may say I was not impressed at all. Granted, I have never watched fencing before in my life, didn't even know the rules, but it only took the girl 3 minutes to win a gold medal.....is that really a sport? and her component screeched every time she got poked, like bloody murder! seriously? Now that is just my opinion but I think this will go into my slot of "not so much an Olympic sport" of the summer Olympics. Kinda like trampoline or curling. ha ha. All I can say is that I can't wait for those women polevaulters to see who is going to go 16 feet and higher!!! Heck yea! And I also can't wait to see the gymnastics and diving!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

that's funny. i was reading this, not paying attention to what brad was watching on tv and then, when i looked up i noticed he's watching fencing :)

i asked him what he thinks about it and he says he's not so sure yet. maybe i won't waste my time with it.

my favorite is gymnastics. i wish i could do the things they do.

Brady and Taryn said...

How funny, we randomly watched the same fencing thing, and were cracking up at how she was screeching! I actually started wondering if they were penetrating skin :)... when that happens, then it'll be a valid Olympic sport. I love the Olympics!

AmyJ said...

We love the olympics too!! We love the swimming, track, basketball, gymnastics...all those active sports :) Portie and I watched "soosies" (horsies) the other day, and I kinda feel about that the way you do about fencing. These girls just rode their horses in circles, and then they were done (no jumps or anything). Olympic sport?? I dunnooo... :)