Friday, August 29, 2008

lake bryan

Last weekend i finally had a much needed sunday off and we decided to treat ourselves to some sun and fun! Ryan and I and a few other buddies loaded up the car and headed out to the local lake, lake bryan. It is small but it serves the purpose of lounging around and soaking up the rays for a nice tan while it is still warm and sunny.
Once we got to the lake we unloaded the lounge chairs, cooler and radio and jumped in! It was perfect weather! Clear blue sky and the bright sun shining down on us, it was so nice to just hang out.
I also got to bring Sawyer with us! Sawyer LOVES the water and LOVES to play all the time so I asked Ryan if he wouldn't mind if I brought Sawyer along as well and he said YES!! We don't take him out to public beaches/places too often just because we weren't too sure of how he would react. Much to our surprise he was a perfect little angel! Of course we brought his toys and that

usually keeps him pretty occupied no matter who/what is around. So we wore him out by making him swim out to retrieve his toy and making him run around the beach. He loved it.

As we were getting ready to pack up we were folding up the chairs and we looked over to see Sawyer "rescueing" one of the chairs by dragging it to shore! Haha, it was the cutest thing ever and I actually got a video of it! I now feel safer taking him out to the beach with us because he could now rescue us if we were in need! What a sweet little pup!




Once we were all done and packed up we went to "The Hook" which is one of our fave hangouts because they have live music, it is right on the water and we can watch the sunset! Dogs are allowed and so we were able to bring Sawyer in with us while we ate dinner. This was what my main worry was because it was a more closed off area, tons of strangers, and LOTS of food! Again, he was a perfect puppy! He walked in sniffed out the couple dogs at the table next to us and then laid out on the patio right next to my feet!
It was a great weekend and I was so pleased to find out that my Sawyer really is the good dog I always say he is! Now we will be able to take him out more with us! I am so excited!

1 comments:

Eric said...

I wish we had the time to do more stuff like that this summer. Most of the lakes here are too cold for me anyway cause they are basically all snow melt. (ps it snowed here yesterday) I miss some good and hot lazy summer days.