Thursday, February 26, 2009

:home:

As you all know I have been on vacation since friday night and it has been oodles of fun! I left College Station Sunday afternoon and headed in to Dallas to spend a few days with my mom and dad. Sunday evening Amber and Christiaan also came in to watch the Amazing Race and the Oscars with us. Amber made some delicious brownies and we popped some popcorn and curled up on the couch to see all the pretty and not so pretty dresses and hair-do's. We had lots of fun. Then Monday mom and I went to get pedicures and eat lunch at the Cheesecake factory! YUM YUM! We split the Santa Fe Salad (the best EVER) and a slice of brownie sundae cheesecake, AMAZING! Then Tuesday we went to the aboretum and spent most of the afternoon there seeing all of the exhibits they were building and the buds that were about to bloom. We were just a couple weeks early for all the flowers, o well. It was still beautiful! I love going there! And then we enjoyed lunch at Souper Salad. MmMmMm! That was the best beginning to any vacation! Thanks for spoiling me mom! I had lots of fun just hanging around the house. Nothing beats "going home" to hang out. I enjoyed lots of laughs, hugs, pictures and good conversations! Hopefully I will be able to do it all over again!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

so fun! that's my kind of vacation! family, food, and a few little activities. glad you're able to be home for awhile!

taryn said...

Going home is the best! I'm so glad you got to relax and hang out with family! How fun!

AmyJ said...

Fun!! Glad you could get away!! LOOOOVE the Santa Fe salad-one of my all-time favs there! Love all your pics! The ones of the flowers are so pretty! What kind of camera are you using? I'm trying to get a DSLR, but not too sure what kind. Anyway, looks like a fun get-away. :)

Tastes Kinda Minty said...

I know what you mean about going home! I still like going home and having mom spoil me! Glad you have been able to spend some time with those that matter most!
Becky

blogginscoggins said...

It was so fun to have you home, even if we only got to spend one evening together - I miss you a lot and love you a lot too

sister