Tuesday, June 9, 2009

a wedding and a baby shower

How I spent my weekend
:Saturday:

This wedding was for a girl, Candace who I used to work wtih at Macys in college station. She and her now husband spend LOTS of time at the lake and so they got married at their favorite waterin' hole. :) Of course I didn't mind cause the water is definitly my element! Plus it was a perfect sunny, HOT day for the boat, jet skis and bbq.

A few pics.....
saying their "i do's"

they are so sweet together.

mr. and mrs.

posing for all the pics.

bullet their dog and groomsman. he is so pretty!
kisses

flowers and wedding band. love men with wedding rings on. it's hot.
driving away into the...sun. ha.

their fave place
Then I had a baby shower for one of my bestest friends on Sunday. Tiffany and I go way back to.....freshman year in high school....if not earlier. We cheered together, polevaulted together and spent lots of time growing up together.I miss her a lot (they are now in South Carolina) because she is so far away but they are doing so fabulous!! Tiff and Robert (the hus.) have been married for 5 years and this is baby number 1!! Kaitlyn (sp?!) Pettijohn will be here late August and I am super excited to meet her! She is gonna be one heck of a smarty pants too! Robert is some type of nuclear engineer, and she is a Nurse!! I'm telling ya they are one power couple! Anyway, here are some shots at the baby shower, I had a blast!

::SUNDAY::

baby booties!
~cake by george, ya can't go wrong!
Tiff!! isn't she cute preggo?!
Cutest gift ever...her husband is in the NAVY.
Vonna reading a prayer for Kaitlyn
She got ALL her furniture for her nursery! SWEET!
this is charlie, tiff's cousin...she is adorable
Katy (cousin), tiff and Me. Katy actually lived in college station the same time we did! small world.
sister's-in law and madeline, niece in law.
Tiff's family.
Memaw, Katy, Michael and charlie, Vonna, Tiff, Debbie, Andrea and Leslie

Now that the most of our "to-do" list has come and gone we can start to really settle into the new house and getting my teaching stuff completed. WHEW what a busy last month!!!

4 comments:

taryn said...

Busy weekend! I love all the big hats, how fun!

p.s. I have a card for you, but I was waiting til you got moved to send it. could you send me your new address- my email is tare285@hotmail.com. Thanks!

Kristi said...

Fun times! I too love med with wedding rings on...that is so funny, because I've never heard anyone else say that. Not that I like married men, hahaha...just the fact that they have rings! Those hats were fun too. Great pics!

August said...

glad to hear that you are all settled in! :o)

Eric said...

I love weddings! I don't know why they're so fun, but they are. And that baby shower looks like a fun southern belle type affair!