Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July

For the 4th we had a few things planned. We heard that a couple of Texas country bands were playing out at our favorite restraunt on lake brayn. So we called a few friends and all made our way out to the lake to hear Jason Bolland and Honey Brown sing us into the evening. It was nice to hang out with some friends and just enjoy ourselves. I just wish there were some fireworks. College Station had a big production planned so I think Bryan didn't want to try to compete with their "twin city." Even though there was no fireworks display where we were we had a lot of fun two-stepping the night away.


And one of the band members from the Jason Bolland Band looks just like John Redcorn from King of the Hill. We found it kind of funny so I proceeded to document with photos.
Then saturday, after I got off work, Ryan and I packed up the truck and headed out to Austin to visit my best friend, christa! She moved that moved away to nashville a few years ago was going to be in town visiting with some friends so I told her we would definitley come see her! I have been to austin a couple of times but it was just to the track at the university so I had never really seen the "hill country." It is so beautiful out there! I am sure I was pretty annoying to Ryan as he was driving because I was freaking out about how high up we were in the hills and I just kept imagining our truck flying off the side of the cliff and crashing into the water. I don't know why I was so jumpy! We finally arrived to the condo and Christa and I picked up right where we left off. We stayed up until about 5 am just catching up on life and love and everything else under the sun. We finally got a couple hours of shut eye and then it was up and at 'em and out to the lake. They skiied and I watched, soaking up every little bit of sun I could. That water is so green and clear, truly the most beautiful lake I have been to. Once we were done on the boat it was time to pack up and get on the road but Ryan and I wanted to play in the sun just alittle bit more so we found a spot and setup shop. After about an Hour we decided we should really get on the road this time. It was a fabulous 4th and we had a lot of fun this weekend.










-------->
Ryan and I being akward and silly.
















4 comments:

AmyJ said...

Ahh!! A good ol' Texas 4th!! That's what I like to hear!! Looks like fun. :)

PS Yeah...city folk!! It was all new to me when we got married. His family knows all this stuff about workin' outside and animals and tractors, and I have NO idea! They're always quoting these "sayings"...and I'm always like what does that mean?? haha

caroline said...

What! you were in Austin and didn't come visit us! j/k! We were actually in Sunnyvale visiting the Asays and Grants. I agree with you though, I can't get over how pretty it is out here. Looks like you had a good 4th!

Brady and Taryn said...

Dancin' the night away sounds like a great way to celebrate the 4th! And I miss going to the lake! By the way, you're blog looks spectacular :)

Eric said...

Wow! Sounds busy and fun. I'm glad you were able to do fun stuff even though you had to work on the 4th.