Thursday, September 4, 2008

Goin' Home

Last weekend I had a long weekend off!!!! YAY! A long weekend meaning I had saturday, sunday AND monday (labor day) off. This rarely happens! Usually it is only 2 days in a row so I was uber excited that we could actually plan to go somewhere. So we planned to pay a visit to my parents in mesquite since I think the last time we were there was more than 4 months ago. YIKERS!! As we pulled up to the house we could smell the brisket my dad had cookin on his new smoker and it made my mouth water! I miss that good 'ole home cookin. After visiting for a little while at the house we decided to do a little shopping at Town East Mall. There have been quite a few changes but the most important is they added a forever 21, my most fave store! So we did a little damage there and of course had to check out the local Macy's and then headed back home to eat dinner with the parents and amber and christiaan. It was delicious! Good Job Dad!

After dinner my mom had mentioned that on the other side of Lake Ray Hubbard they have added a new shopping center type thing called The Harbour where there are fountains, restaurants, a movie theatre and a rocky mountain ice cream shop. YUM! So all of us headed out there to check it out. We stopped for ice cream of course and then just strolled along the place to see what was going on. There were a couple little kids out there with their bands trying to make a buck and preparing for the big stage someday, it was pretty entertaining.

After the harbour fun we decided to go out with amber and christiaan to the Gaylord out in Grapevine, I believe. That place is HUMONGOUS! Anyway, inside the Gaylord somewhere there is this club called the Glass Cactus. This place is also huge! It is two stories and has a large stage where the bands can set up comfortably. It was TONS of fun and the band was AMAZING! Oh, and they dress up like Space Heroes. Kinda fun adn quirky.
the band
amber and I with the band.

The band playing is called the Spacerockers and they are quite possibly the best cover band I have ever heard. Why, you might ask...because they sand every song from every genre. They did Pop, Rap, Classic Rock, 80's 90's todays music....seriously pure awesomness! You can check em out at spacerockers.com. They are crazy good!
Ryan and I on the trolly back to the parking lot.
Anyway, after that we headed back to amber and christiaan's house where we stayed the night. Sunday we got up and headed back to mesquite to go to church with my parents. Good old mequite ward hasn't changed too much from when we were all there. There are still all those "cute" crying babies. haha. But in all seriousness it really hasnt changed too much. Ryan and I wanted to go to church with my parents because my mom was giving a talk in which she did really well! Good JOB MOM! Hers was the best, not that it is a competition or anything but it was. :) After church Ryan and I had to get on back home to the pups we left in the house.

So, that was our Labor Day weekend and we loved it all! It was great to visit home and I was sad to leave so soon.

3 comments:

Eric said...

jealous. ive been working on securing a private jet so we can miss out on less stuff. so far its not working out so good.

Kristi said...

I'm so sad that I missed church last Sunday and didn't get to see you! And your mom's talk. :) Town East Mall...yea. The Forever 21 is about the only thing great about that place, haha!

Tastes Kinda Minty said...

I'm glad that you got to go home for a visit! I still like going home! Dani you take such good pictures! You really have a talent for it! I really am enjoying your blogs and getting to know you, Ryan, and the pups better! I am getting excited to see you all in Oct.!!
Becky