Sunday, October 5, 2008

new orleans

Last week I was given the opportunity to go to New Orleans with work to help open 2 new Macy's stores. It was quite an experience! I worked only in the cosmetics area unloading stock for 5 days....I have never seen so much product in one place before!! It was quite a site! But it was lovely being able to help the new team get settled and  prepare for their store opening. It was a long week but we also made sure we had some fun while in town. The ladies and I went down to teh French Quarter for dinner and to walk along canal street, that was pretty interesting!We ate at the Palace Cafe, the food was AMAZING!!! and they fire up the bannana Fosters at the table...yummy!!! Then we got carried away in to a bar  where they had great classic rock music so we stayed, sang along and danced the night away. On the way back to the car we heard a man yelling, "FREE BULLRIDES," so of course, I turned around ran in and hopped on. That was so much fun! Another night we were able to go to Harrah's and try out our luck..... I am not so lucky! We decided to leave when I only had .05 cents left. haha. don't worry though I only spent the money I put aside to play with. After finally figuring out the machines and losing all my money I have decided that gambling is not for me. I think I am too antsy to just sit at a machine and push buttons/pull levers and lose money. But it was a fun experience. Anyway, that is where I was for the last week, and why our blog wasn't updated for so long. (I still haven't convinced Ryan to post on here yet.) Now, I get back to work for a week and then head off to Wyoming to visit with family for a few days! I am so excited to get to see Eric, Sarah and Jackers and hopefully addie!!! And of course my grandma!!!See you guys soon!

4 comments:

Brady and Taryn said...

You went to New Orleans! What a nice job perk :) I'm excited to see you soon!

Tastes Kinda Minty said...

Sounds like you had some fun! I have never been there, but have thought it would be a fun place to see. We are excited to see you in Wyo. Bring warm clothes! I think it might be a bit chilly!
Becky

Kristi said...

This looks like lots of fun! Shannan Davidson was just there Oct 2-5 on a BeautiControl trip. I haven't been since I was a kid.

Eric said...

Fun! Visitign New Orleans is on my bucket list. We'll see if it ever happens. Your hair looks extra cute in your pics! We can't wait to see you guys...I'm counting down the days!