Tuesday, January 13, 2009

what's new with you?

ok, so it's been what, a week since we have posted last? man. I need to get better at this. I am on another long stretch of consecutive days worked (7 to be exact), so that will be my excuse for the dry spell in updating you all. I have a list of things to post about so here goes............

...old friends with new news...

my best friend from high school came in town from virginia to see her family and a few friends I was blessed to be able to see her and her husband for dinner. It was soooo nice to see her and catch up! She also told us that she is pregnant! YAY!! I am so excited for her! CONGRATS TIFF! It is weird now because she is my first friend (that's not family) to be pregnant after being married for a little while. No, I don't feel the pressure to start trying (quit sweating ryan) it's just another sign that despite our efforts, we are growing up. fast.

....new years resolutions....

*read 12 new books this year: there is no reason to the # of books, I just wanted to be more specific than, "read more" so I picked a number and researched a few good books and have already read one and am on the the 2nd book of the year. yay!

*run another 1/2 marathon and one full marathon this year.

*talk on the phone more: meaning instead of just texting someone, actually pick up the phone and have a conversation with my friends and family. I am not a big gabber, but I certainly need to get better at it.

*send out birthday cards/gifts for family birthdays. Eventually I will get to anniversaries but I thought I would start with birthdays. I am the absolute WORST with this. (sorry mom, dad,eric,sarah, amber, christiaan, jack, addie, jenny,shirley,john) but hopefully this year will be different, so far so good.

*expand my vocabulary: I feel like I have a limited vocabulary. Like I say the same few words when describing things. Time for a change. I mean I may not be really smart, but at least I could sound smart right?! :)

*take more walks with ryan: I need to make more time for him. And we have enjoyed walking the dogs together often, plus its a good way to get our booties off the couch and out for some fresh air.

...new career paths....

This last year has been a great learning experience.....learning what I do NOT want to do for the rest of my life. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE all the girls that work for me, but I do not care for some others that I work with, the company I work for and am in need of some change. So, I am looking at teaching. I plan on getting my teachers certification this summer so that I may teach in the fall. I am very excited and can't wait to see where this road takes me. Also, with the lighter schedule I would have more of an opportunity to take photography more seriously and persue that further.....possibly into another new career.

Well, we don't really have much else going on around here. We have been kind of dull since christmas. I hope everyone is doing well though!

5 comments:

AmyJ said...

They all sound good to me! I especially like the new career path and the vocabulary-hehe. I think we could all stand to expand the ol' vocab. I'm excited about the teaching for ya! What kind of teaching? What age? I think you'd be a fun teacher :)

PS Yeah! I sometimes have to explain my thought paths to Matt cause I'll say something and he'll be like "where did that come from" and the path is straaaange!

ryan and danielle said...

i'm thinking 3rd grade. i am super excited!

Eric said...

Teaching? Cool. All of your resolutions sound good. I'm excited to see how it all goes for you!

taryn said...

I'm so excited about you teaching! I feel like I had the same experience as you (having a job that you think is going to be a great opportunity, and then realizing that you hate life when you work there). But I feel like I had to go through that to give me the motivation to pursue the career that I actually wanted in the first place.

Now whenever teaching or photography gets hard, you can just think back to this job and remember how much better you feel about this new career path. I'm excited for you!

August said...

How exciting! I love your list of stuff to accomplish - it is very motivating to me! Good Luck with the teaching! 3rd grade is a great year - but I love my 4th graders! You know I can always help you with anything in that category! So do yall still have plans on moving back to Houston - or has College Station totally grown on you guys?

Love ya!