Sunday, July 19, 2009

Discovery Green

Friday evening Ryan and I had a little date night. We went to a new park in downtown Houston called Discovery Green. (It is similar to the American Airlines center in Dallas, where they show movies and such for free.) They were showing a movie about the first landing on the moon....celebrating the anniversary of America's part in the space race. The park is really neat, nice and clean, probably because it is so new but we still enjoyed ourselves.....even in the 100 degree weather. There are fountains all over the place, bacchi ball (sp?) courts, benches, a little grill/cafe, you can rent sailboats and float them in the pond, live music (unfortunately when we were there it was worse than bad karaoke...entertaining nonetheless.), and some fun art around the park. It was a lovely evening and we will definitly be visiting the park some more!
I love this man but why can't I get a normal smile?
lub ya!
most of the park. ::band to the left::grill/cafe to right::sailboat pond in front::












kiddies.

these things are cool.
they're about 100ft. apart but you can hear each other talking when you sit in them just right. good engineering.


my love

"honey, will you take my picture?" my most common words.




"make every moment count."



it looked like rain. we were lucky it waited until saturday though. :)


It was a great evening and I can't wait to go back again!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

what a fun place and a great date. it kind of reminds me of the harbor.

taryn said...

Pretty! I'm glad you were able to enjoy the park even though it was hot. Great pics as always :)

Allison said...

wow! you are really good at taking awesome pictures. i'm so impressed!

AmyJ said...

Looks like such a cool place! I love all your pictures--even the ones with Ryan's "smile" haha

Unknown said...

Cool place and love the pics! Looks like yall had fun! :D