Sunday, July 12, 2009

free?....for real??

Gotta love the Internet.

Ryan said he had been reading online about these "free markets" that go on every once in a while in different cities. Houston was hosting one this Saturday and he decided to give it a go. (I decided to forgo the trip, due to work and am now regretting it.) Typical me just assumed that there was no way that this market would be completely, for real, 100%, no joke free without some sort of stipulations.

I should have gone.

It is in fact completely, for real, 100%, no joke FREE!!!




Think of a gigantic garage sale ~ sans the little circle dot price tags. This market is full of people who have too much stuff and want to get rid of it, so they brought it to the market and gave it away. You know what they say, "Another man's trash is another man's treasure." This is so true. Ryan was able to gather me a few goodies and surprised me when I got home from work. He was telling me about all the cool stuff that was there and how the only rules were, 1.) no prices and 2.) no bartering or trading. We can defiantly live with those rules! Here are the goodies loverface got me. Thanks hun! lub you!
A little jewelry dish to put these......


into here.....
a little piece of photography.

and a cute little teddy bear

not sure where or when the next one is but I will certainly be researching this!!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

what????!!! i have never heard of such a thing. i wish they'd come here. that's way cool. too bad you didn't go. i bet you would have come home with way more.

taryn said...

I've got to learn more about this thing- like if they are ever coming here. That's sweet that he brought some goodies home for you even though you didn't go :) Love the pic of the jewelry in the dish.

kjirsten said...

That is awesome . . . I've never heard of such a thing!?! I'm jealous -- free stuff always makes me SO HAPPY! Ryan did good -- sweet husband. (I really liked the jewelry dish!)

KMB said...

That was so much fun- especially when Ryan realized there was no way we should show our love for KBH with the hippie crowd. :)