Monday, December 29, 2008

christmas

I can't believe christmas has come and gone so quickly and we are now staring 2009 right in the face! I am excited for a new year and a fresh start, for whatever it is I need refreshing. haha. I will eventually come up with some things I want to accomplish this next year but I will save that for a later post. In the mean time I will fill you all in with our december details.

After the 1/2 marathon I had a full shedule of work and ryan had the house all to himself for most of that time. He was sweet enough to keep up with the chores like dishes, sweeping, moping and of course playing with the dogs. THANKS HUN! We planned our first christmas party with friends and it was lots of fun. We enjoyed an amazing turkey that ryan made (his very first!!) some ham, mac and cheese, green bean caserole, spinach and artichoke dip and some pie. It was all so delicious and we were stuffed!

Christmas eve we ran in to Houston to see Ryan's family and enjoyed more food and great company. But we were only there for a few short hours so I don't have any pics.
Once we were done with the Walsh party we went to Dallas to celebrate the rest of Christmas with the Aanerud's. Eric and Sarah were in town this year too...which means Jack and Addie were also in tow. We had lots of fun and laughs and I loved every minute we were able to spend with everyone while we were there. AND Amber and Christiaan brought their wii so we all enjoyed learning how to play...turns out we were all pretty decent at the games!
momma bowlin
merry christmas jack jack with his loot
showing momma his presentssweet addie

helping daddy open presents
playing with grandpa
jack playin with christiaan and amber
jack and ryan love playin together
My favorite part was seeing Jack christmas morning. He semi, not really understands christmas but it was just sweet to see him tearing off the paper of his christmas goodies. He is also just the sweetest little boy, even with Addie. He once heard Addie crying and he looked up said, "addie, addie." then ran over to her and gave her kisses. *melts your heart!* he is just the cutest, but I may be biased. And addie is certainly looks like Asay girl! She is adorable as ever and was really pretty quiet the whole time we were there. Eric and Sarah, you guys are blessed. Now I will stop talking about your babies like they are mine. :)


*kisses for addie*


Anyway, hope all of you had a very merry christmas and are looking forward to the new year!

7 comments:

Carrie said...

you're a cute aunt! i can tell you love your neice and nephew a lot : ) glad to hear you had a fun christmas. it's always so fun to be surrounded by the people you love!

taryn said...

Fun Christmas! I do the same thing as far as talking about my nephews and nieces like they're my own. Its so fun to see kids on Christmas morning!

Kristi said...

Jack and Addie are the cutest, it isn't just you! It looks like you guys had so much family fun, that's so great! I even thought about you all on Christmas morning, over there just a few streets away from our
Christmas-happy house!

AmyJ said...

Cute post! I love that you had mc and cheese for Christmas dinner-hehe. Love all the pics of the kids and Christmas!! You're a sweet auntie :)

AmyJ said...

...not mac and cheese FOR Christmas dinner...WITH your Christmas dinner...whoops. :)

Eric said...

You got some cute pics! We didn't have very many. We're so glad we got to see you, even though it wasn't near long enough. Miss you!

Unknown said...

Aw I know- Christmas definitely came and went fast! I love all your pics and the babies are so cute. They make the holidays so much more fun! We have missed you guys and need to know what you guys are doing for New Years! :)