Monday, December 15, 2008

*wheezing* WE DID IT *wheezing*

Yesterday, (December 14th, 2008) My mom, Aunt Kathy, Amber and I all completed the 1/2 marathon and my Aunt Jana completed the FULL 26.2 miles!!! WHEW! AND we did so with out any major injuries. Of course we were sore as all get out but we all were able to trot accross that GLORIOUS finish line and be awarded our pretty little medals, tshirts and have our photos taken. Ryan was there for our cheering section and also got some great ACTION photos of each of us closing in on the finish line.

Before the race~
ryan takin our photos~

amber was having lots of fun! :)
how we felt post-race
momma and aunt kathy~
aunt jana!! 26 miles and still smiling!

all finishers get a medal, how nice!

we were done and jana still had 2 more hours of running....

9 comments:

Carrie said...

first of all, love the title of the post.

and second, GOOD JOB to all of you!! that's awesome. i (and sarah, eric, taryn, and brady) want to run one in april. wish us luck and if you have any tips, they'd be greatly appreciated!

you guys look great for running as far as you did!

taryn said...

Oh my gosh! That's awesome! I bet it felt so good to cross that finish line! Good job :)

AmyJ said...

Great job!! That's a big accomplishment! I agree with Care-you all look great!! Congrats!! :D

caroline said...

way to go!!wheezing and all - congrats! I really admire runners (not being one myself) and wish I had that kind of drive. I bet it felt good!

August said...

Wow!! That is sooo awesome! P.S. Wish we could see you on Friday at yalls party! Have fun without us! Love ya, mean it!

Eric said...

gotta say im a little jealous. i wish i could have done it with you guys. good job!

blogginscoggins said...

I'm glad we did it - it was so fun! We may have to make it a tradition!

Love you sister

Kristi said...

You all are very inspiring! Some day I will do this too, but I have to lose some weight first! I've ALWAYS wanted a marathon t-shirt!

Unknown said...

Way to go Danielle! You can now scratch that off your to-do list! :)