Thursday, December 11, 2008

it's snowing! it's snowing! it's snowing!

Yes ladies and gents we had a WHOLE DAY of SNOW yesterday in the little town of College Station, Tejas. It was glorious! Hahaha! And this was the real deal! It started out as sleet but turned into a 3 hour snowfall. All in all, we got about an inch or so of big white flakes. Of course Ryan, me and the dogs bundled up and went to play in the snow. We very much enjoyed
ourselves!
{I know there are some of you that read this blog and live in wintery towns where snow is a regular occurance but I also know you can remember back to the years where you lived in Texas and would get so excited over the littlest bit of white flakes....even if it was sleet.}

After we were completly numb, Ryan and I decided to go to
Santa's Wonderland....what is this you may ask?! Well it is a wooded park that is lit with over 1 Million christmas lights!. Pure genious! Anyway, it was delightful and so much fun especially because we could enjoy it all in the warmth of the truck with christmas music on the radio. At the end of the tour you have the option to go into Santa's land, (which we did) a western themed town with shops, santa and the mrs.', a petting zoo, bonfire, live music, food, and they play christmas movies on a huge screen. It was really neat and a fun experience for the both of us. BUT what made it even better was ALL THE SNOW! :)
they sure are proud of their ags!!

gotta have the nativity scene! all life size!
that donkey was so mean to the little bunnies!

7 comments:

Brady and Taryn said...

Guess what, you have more snow in texas than here in orem, ut! We just had a day of snow fall, but nothing stuck down here. I would have run outside to play too!

Santa's Wonderland looks so fun! And I love your pics :)

Eric said...

Santa's woderland looks like a lot of fun. I'm glad you got to enjoy the snow, and I'm sure it will return to a balmy 80 degrees by next week. Gotta love having your cake and eating it too!

AmyJ said...

A good ol' Texas blizzard!! Love it!! I remember those days...an inch of snow, and you thought they'd cancel school (and sometimes they did!! hehe). Love Santa's wonderland! Looks fun :)

Carrie said...

the pictures in the snow are so cute!! and santa's wonderland looks like fun! i'm just glad it's not us. i hate cold weather. but i understand the feeling when you're not used to it. it's really exciting for a change!! and it's nice knowing it won't last 1/2 the year!

Shauna said...

I'm new here! What a great blog :)

Kristi said...

The Santa's Wonderland was awesome! I like your sidebar pics, they are very artsy photographer like! I need to take some lessons from you!

AmyJ said...

Hey, do you know that "trying to stay calm" person? I had the EXACT same comment on my blog. Weird...and they're not new..there are TONS of posts on her blog. It makes me nervous when people do stuff like that...makes me think about going private.