Thursday, April 23, 2009

for all you ladies

After working in the cosmetics department for almost 2 years I have come up with a BEST OF list for the most common products. Here goes....

These are just my opinions and not a reflection of the integrity of other lines or products.

Best Foundation: Prescriptives. They have one of the best processes in finding that exact shade for you and also have a whole plethera of foundations depending on what kind of coverage you are wanting, light to full coverage. AND they also have a specific foundation for photo taking. :)

Best Powder: I would say the most popular is certainly Clinique, but my fave is Prescriptives. PX has another great process for finding that exact shade for your skin. It's called custom blend and they take all different color tubes of powders and blend them all together to make your perfect powder.

Best COLOR: (and by this I mean eyeshadows and blushes) Prescriptives again. They stay on alllllll day, even if you ten to touch your face a lot AND you don't need to put an eye primer of for them to stay.

Best Mascara: LANCOME!! They have the best mascaras EVER! All kinds for whatever you are looking for, lengthening, fuller lashes, curling etc. Also they have a great eyelash primer you put on before your mascara and it helps protect your lashes from the harshness of the mascara and helps them stay long and beautiful! the stuff is amazing.

Best Brushes: Estee Lauder. They are not PETA proof but they are great! They don't shed and stay nice and soft after many, many cleanings.

Best Face Cleansers: Origins. They have the best lines for all types of skin AND they use almost all natural items in their products, so you can do your part in "going green." :)

Best Scar Treatment: haha, this one seems silly and it's not really stated on it's label but Estee Lauder has a product called Advanced Night Repair and if you have any cuts and scraps this product is amazing at diminishing the appearance of it!! They also call it the "little brown bottle."

Best Eyeliners: Clinique. They have pencils and the automatic twisty ones. They slick right on and stay put all day.

Best Scrubs: Origins has some of the most amazing body scrubs that smell even better! mMMmm!

Best Exfoliater: Clinique. They have the "7 day scrub" that is a nice light exfoliater that you can use a couple times a week and it is fabulous at getting rid of the dullness to your skin.

Best Masks: Origins. They are awesome.

Well, I think this is my list. Again, these are just my opinions and just what I have come to see as the best items in these categories.

what do you use that is the best?

7 comments:

Carrie said...

i LOVE MAC powder. i don't use it right now though. only when i have extra cash lying around, which hasn't happened for a long while.

and i just can't get over my maybelliene great lash mascara. i have a hard time trying anything else. it's great at lengthening. i've had a lot of people ask if i'm wearing fake lashes and i've used great lash forever (ever since i started wearing makeup) so i credit the mascara for those comments.

taryn said...

Ohhh! Thanks for the list, I wanna try those out! I also love MAC powder and think its the best at making your skin look soft and smooth.

kjirsten said...

I LOVE tips like these . . . takes some guesswork out of it for the rest of us. Thanks Danielle!

taryn said...

I thought of two more of my 'beauty bests'... the best lotion (face and body) Aveeno, and the best hairspray: Big Sexy Hair- my hair absolutely does not curl, but when I use that hairspray, not only does it curl but it stays curled all day!

ryan and danielle said...

o i absolutely agree with you on both of those tare!!!

AmyJ said...

Thanks for the list!! I haven't tried a lot of those. My mom loves Origins face stuff. I love love love ID Bare Essentials-foundation, warmth, mineral veil, etc (sp?). I've worn Lancome, Clinique, Perscriptives, Merle Norman, Estee Lauder, and some cheaper ones, and Bare Minerals is by far my fave!!

ooo Taryn, I'll have to try that hairspray!! I'm a big hairspary girl lately ;)

Eric said...

I love this!! I can't wait to try some of these!