Thursday, April 30, 2009

nashville

As stated before I went to nashville last weekend to run alongside my friend Christa in her first half marathon. It was LOTS of fun! I flew in Friday and we went to the marathon expo to pick up our registration packets and see if they had any cool gear that we had to have. Then we enjoyed a nice evening at the house while her dad, Mike, cooked us a fabulous steak. It was delish. We were off to bed early because we were up at 5:30 the next morning.

I have to say a big thanks to Christa's mom, Mari for letting me run in her name! Poor think was training for the marathon and a few weeks out got a stress fracture in her tibia! Stinks! So she was sporting a lovely boot (which she hates) all weekend. But I in turn we gave her a good finish time. :)

5:30 am come too early! We got up, got dressed, made breakfast and headed to the starting line. There were THOUSANDS of people!! We walked right up to the start as our corral was about to start, PERFECT timing! So, we were off at around 7:30. Not gonna lie I was a lot more emotional about running this one. I have no idea why, I think I have just found something that I really enjoy and it always amazes me the amount of POEPLE that gather at these kinds of events! And it's cool to be running and hearing everyone cheer (I always assume they are cheering just for me..haha). But I was pumped and ready for the next 13 miles to come!
We were trucking along but came up on some knee pain so we walked for a few miles but still had a great finish at 2:42. I was pleased and so was christa. But we were both hoping to be around 2:15 - 2:30 so a little bummed but still stoked to finish considering we walked for about 4 miles.
After we finished the race we took some photos in our gear. Christa had a friend that asked if she could sponsor us on our run. So, we got a nice outfit and hats and waterbottles that were given to us. Thanks Muzak Heart and Soul Foundation! Then we were off to the house for showers and naps and food. After we were all cleaned up we went to Cantina Loredo and the food was amazing! and they make guacamole table side. pretty sweet! After dinner we went around downtown-ish area and caught up on life. It was fun and I am so glad that I was able to spend the weekend with her. Sunday we spent on the couch watching tv and relaxing. Then, Monday I returned home to rela life. ugh. But I had a good weekend and am now seeking out my next half, any suggestions?

3 comments:

taryn said...

Cute running bums! How fun to be able to visit such a good friend. It sounds like you guys had a great time together, and I am impressed that you went out that night after the Half! Weren't you sore? Good for you!

Carrie said...

good job!! for walking four miles i'd say that's a pretty good finish time!! sounds like a fun weekend with the girls!

Kristi said...

Looks like fun times, just the perfect girlfriend get-away weekend! Good job running those marathons, that is so awesome! I wish I could do it. Maybe someday!