Thursday, April 16, 2009

randomness

:a quick catch up on the walsh's:

First, I must say I have forgotten yet another bday. Seriously, I am the worst ever!!!! Sooo, SORRY DAD! I LOVE YOU! I even set a reminder on my phone to call ya and tell ya happy bday but the dang alarm was turned to "off". boo! However, I did call you on the 15th, and left you a voice mail. Sorry! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!! so I suck with birthdays. I am super lame and now I feel like a big slug. :`( But I DO hope that you got all that you wished for and enjoyed yet another year of gaining wisdom and knowledge! You're the best dad anyone could ask for! LOVE YA!

I (danielle) am leaving to Nashville next thursday to run a half marathon with my bestest on saturday! YAY! one week to go! It will be her first 1/2 and my second but I will have only had 16 days to train for it......so we will see if I am moving afterward. I am super excited to see nashville again and spend a quick weekend with Christa. We are also going to be appearing in a fashion show......we will see how that goes. I will finally be able to have my own mini America's Next Top Model (besides the little ones I have in the living room while I watch it. hahahaha).

I burned my arm today while I was "cooking" lunch and I think that is part of the reason I leave the cooking to Ryan. Thanks honies. :) I use the term cooking loosely because I was only reheating some frozen stuff. haha. That is the type of cuisine I can whip up!! Again, thanks Ryan for keeping me full on more than just junk in the fridge/pantry.

At the END of MAY I will officially be leaving MACY'S! YIPPIEEEE!!!!! I couldn't be more excited! I have learned a lot of lessons that will help me in the future, but working retail has sucked the life outta me. :( So, end of may Ryan and I will be packing up and moving back to Houston......sweet houston. I can't wait. I am already counting down the days! I miss everything about that city! The skyline, traffic, shopping, restaraunts, museums, airports, running trails......and soooo much more!

Ryan has been busy with his first couple of weeks in his new job and is LOVING it! I am so glad that he has finally found something that is just about the most perfect job for him. He is super happy and thriving already! Congrats Lover! I am still so proud of you!

My close friend Kelley and her fiance Jonathan have asked me to take their engagement pictures and I am extreemly nervous to do them. As much as pictures mean to me I want every single picture to turn out perfectly and I keep having nightmares of how disappointed they are with all the shots. YIKES! So, kelley, if you are out there...please be nice! Ad we may have to have a couple of sessions to make sure I got it right! But I am super excited for them and their journey they will be taking to becomming Mr. and Mrs.

After nearly 24 years I am finally realizing that I don't get to eat whatever I want without any consequences. BOO! This stinks! I know I know, shut up danielle. But seriosuly this evidence I am seeing is not the same as when I was working out 5 days a week for 2+ hours. I just thought it would all stay the same while I stuffed my face with chik-fil-a for breakfast and lunch everyday. Who knew you actually had to eat healthy AND excercise???!!! Anyway, not like I am going on some strict diet, cause I don't believe in diets anyway, BUT I will be thinking twice before I order that #5, 8pack with large Fries and a large coke from chik-fil-a. I will substitute with a water. hahahahahah Just kidding. I guess what I am saying is that it is another sign that I am growing up and getting older. wiser? I am not so sure about, but definately older.

I think this is all for now. Pretty much just a little of what it going on in my big empty noggin. Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their week.

8 comments:

Allison said...

you are such a cutie! congrats on all the new changes in your life. leaving job, moving, taking pictures. You sure have a talent for pictures. i love the recent ones you've been doing lately. you represent good ol' texas well! ps. you are gorgeous. i wouldn't worry about that chic fil a! :)

Carrie said...

congrats on getting to leave the job and go back to houston. that will be so nice for you!!

that's cool that you're going to get to do some engagement pictures! at least it's a friend who understands you're new at this. if it was another client you'd be even more nervous. good luck!! can't wait to see how they turn out!

and good luck on the half too!! 16 days of training? yikes. at least you're in pretty good shape though. and just think, with all the calories you'll burn in the race, you'll be able to order all the chik-fil-a #8s with fries and a coke you want!!

August said...

Hey D! SO glad to hear that you will be here in May! That will be here before you know it! What area are yall going to move to? Good Luck on your half! You will rock!!

taryn said...

Yay for leaving jobs! That's an exciting step, and you get to move back to Houston! Will you start teaching there or do you have more training?

My friend asked me to take some family pictures for her and I was soooo nervous! Exactly like you said, having nightmares about how they were going to hate the pics. But in the end it turned out great. Your friend has seen what a great job you do and likes your style, so as long as you do what YOU like, I'm sure she will like them too.

Have fun in Nashville and Good luck on the half!

Eric said...

Back to big city life, good stuff. I would love to hear more about Ryan's job, now that he is an insider. I have always been curious about how it all works. About the pictures, take a big memory card with you and fire away. Digital cameras are a miracle of the modern age. I would take thousands and hopefully like 30 will turn out awesome. good luck in the 1/2.

Tastes Kinda Minty said...

Wow a lot of changes for you! It is an exciting time! Are you going to teach once you get to Houston? Good luck with the 1/2 marathon and the taking of pictures. I am sure you will do well at both! Let us know your new address when you get to Houston!
Becky

kjirsten said...

Exciting times . . . good luck with everything! Being busy is always good, especially when you're busy with things you are happy about, and looking forward to.

Unknown said...

Danielle I love reading your posts!

First of all I will miss you and Ryan so much when yall are gone BUT I am very excited about the new opportunities that have come yall's way and will be happy to reunite with you two every so often!

I am so proud of you for your second half marathon! I wish I had the endurance to do that..I'm workin on it! And how fun you get to go to Nashville and see your BFF!

That is very cool about your photography session you have coming up. They are going to come out so good! You are a natural and take amazing pictures. You're friend is LUCKY!

HAHAHAHA about you and your chick-fil-a! I hear you on that one- these hips aren't getting any smaller as I get older! My jeans are the snuggest they have ever been and I am working out 3-4 days a week! I guess it is because I can't resist getting something other than water- I was making myself feel better by leaving a few crummy fries at the end!